Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Reveal of Thrifted Skirt Num. 3!

Dear Fashion Diary,

Remember this post and this post
where I showed the first 2 of 3 thrifted skirts
I found at DI recently?
Well meet skirt number 3!!




You can imagine my excitement when I saw this number on the rack!



I got these 2 necklaces on a recent shopping trip and they are my FAVORITE.
I suppose you realize I loved both so much that 
 I couldn't wear just ONE!
p.s. I wore another skirt (used to be a dress) under this 1 to make it long enough :)




psst...
diaries are for secrets, right?
Well this skirt is actually {maternity}!
I loved it too much to give up there though, so
I rolled down the stretchy part and covered it with a belt.
(and I suppose I'll get good use out of its maternity-ness eventually...yikes!)



Remember how my brooch was my grandma's in the last post? Well she has great style because, these were her shoes as well! I think this is the 3rd thing of hers I got.

Moral of the story?
Never give up on a cute piece of clothing because it's not your size or not brand new!

  • cardigan worn as shirt: Gap clearance
  • sparkle necklace: Downeast Basics
  • pearl necklace: Rue 21
  • belt:??
  • skirt: Gap thrifted
  • white eyelet dress worn as a skirt underneath: forever 21
  • shoes: grandma's

    {P.S. I have an alternative top to wear with this skirt that I'm posting next so stay tuned!}
    linking up here :  http://www.everybodyeverywear.com/challenges/view/florals
    -wishing for spring,
    Sara Jane.
Pin It!