Saturday, October 13, 2012

Miss Seamstress {Homemade Skirt!}

Dear Fashion Diary,

You read right. I actually sewed something. And I did it without 
running to my mom's house! 
This is the start of a beautiful thing I think. I have a huge string of crafts 
on my to-do list and I've made goals to actually transform my 
to-do list into a DONE list! Can't wait to put them all on this here blog.


Surprisingly, I got this pattern from Walmart of all places. I wanted something simple and easy to start out with. 
 And prepare to be even  more shocked
because I also got the Fabric at Walmart! It's not the most elaborate design but like I said, I wanted to keep it simple. So, I cut out the pattern first:


The scariest part:the zipper! I also put in twill tape
 around the waist which was pretty tricky.


Here's the part I'm most proud of: I added my own pleats just for fun!
 I noticed that the skirt laid a little flat on me,
 so I thought adding pleats might make the fabric fold a little prettier, and it sure did.
 I didn't follow any pattern for the pleats
which shows if you look close, haha! But it made it fit much cuter I think!


Hemmed it up, and tah-dah! Done!
It's such a good feeling to walk around in something you created. 
After a craft hiatus, I've re-caught the crafting bug!









 Pearl Top:Agaci//Lace Cardi;Bracelet;Belt:F21//Skirt:Made by me//Wedges:Ross



five days five ways | feature friday free for all
DIY Show Off
The Girl Creative    The Southern Insitute
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
LenaBActually
Pin It!