As promised, I'm finally showing you all my Hunger Games t-shirt I made for the midnight premiere!
Me and a couple gal pals decided we didn't want to pay almost $25 dollars on the Mockingjay shirt from Hot Topic that everyone would undoubtedly be wearing,
so we hopped on over to Jo-Ann craft and picked out supplies to make some ourselves!
We started by printing out a stencil and cutting it out of stencil paper:
Then we used the black and sparkly gold paint we picked out
to paint over the stencil onto our shirts {that is my friend Emily working on hers}:
And here's the final product! The shirt closest to the camera is my friend Shayla's and mine is in the background :)
Tah-Dah!
I must've been feeling particularly crafty that day because I also made my own ghetto version of the famous pin from a bird necklace I own and a keyring! haha!
On an exciting side note: the whole night would not have been possible if I had not WON the tickets to the premiere thanks to Facebook and this local Toyota dealer! I couldn't believe it! I wasn't going to go because all the showings had sold out,
but alas Lady Luck saved me :)
| The line wrapped around the theater! Oh and apparently Justin Bieber showed up, do ya see him?? |
Shirt: Jo-Ann/ pants: Gap/ shoes: Payless/ denim jacket: Ross/ hoodie: Hollister
I had a total blast and I want to see the movie again! For once a movie stayed completely true to the book. I would suggest reading the books and seeing the movie
if you haven't already!

