Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Craft of the Year: Vintage Train Case!

Anyone that knows me knows I'm pretty much Obsessed with vintage style. Some of you may know about the old way of carrying one's toiletries on a trip-train cases! I really wish everyone still traveled by train. Everything is more magical on a train! Well anyway, I recently got an authentic train case on Ebay and made it a little more contemporary by painting the trim. Waddya think?



These were the days when people really knew how to dress :) And check out their adorable train cases!!



Here's the one I bought before I painted it.



I taped all around the areas I painted



and...VOILA!!!






It goes perfectly with our vintage entry table!









I can't wait to pack it full of my things next time I take a trip!



Paint is a wonderful thing.
What craft projects do all of you do with vintage items?
Pin It!