Saturday, July 19, 2014

Modest Layers

Dear Fashion Diary,



It can be difficult to layer your clothing in triple digit temps here in Az.
That's why I was So excited when I saw that Downeast Basics has a top that's pretty much just sleeves to layer under  sleeveless clothes!!! 
No, this is not a sponsored post, I am just excited to share this with you ladies!




I've always struggled with trying to find ways to wear the clothes I want to 
while maintaining my clothing standards. Especially when each layer you add on
makes the awful summers here even more unbearable! But I wasn't about to leave this dress at the store just because it's sleeveless, and a little shorter than I'd like.

So I bought it with plans to make it modest, and then came upon this
 sleeves-only top {link at the bottom of post} 
and once again used my dress-turned-skirt to wear underneath to make it longer. 
Basically the top is just some sleeves and the fabric ends just below the bust line.
Making the layers much more bearable in the heat.
I have a feeling this is the beginning of a long and wonderful relationship with this sleeves-only undershirt :)









Moral of the story- there's always a way to make your own style work modestly!
Sometimes it just takes a bit of imagination. 

 Dress: Romy//Sleeves: Downeast Basics//Lace Eyelet skirt underneath: Charlotte Russe {orig. a dress} // Shoes: Steve Madden {thrifted}//Necklace: Mindy Mae's Market//Anchor ring: San Diego boutique//
Purse: Le Mode Accessories//Belt: JC Penny




linking to:


Pin It!

9 comments:

Memos In Stilettos said...

I love this dress! Great pick!

Melodee said...

love this outfit! love the skirt underneath!! so cute!

Lorna mai ltd said...

Love the pretty eyelet skirt and the dress itself is lovely on you.

Heather said...

I love that dress - the colors are so pretty together!

Abigail said...

Lovely dress - I love the details on the hem! Also loving your pearl necklace :)

By the way, I just updated my blog with a new post. I’d love for you to swing by: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Alexandra Stella said...

That is a great dress, wouldn't have left it at the store either. Also love the peek-a-boo skirt beneath, great idea!

Crystelle Boutique said...

YES! I have been wanting to try one of those cropped layering shirts from downeast! What a great concept..... I bet it is VERY difficult to layer in hot AR! Love the modest posts you do! :)
xox, Crystelle
CrystelleBoutique

Shannon Geurin said...

Hi Sara! What a cute dress??!! That lace underneath is adorable--and yes you look very modest and very pretty. :-) I love the name of your blog..House of Shoes-so so cute and creative!
xo-Shannon
www.onestylishmom.com

Marie said...

love those glasses and that ring!

Marie @ In Our Happy Place