Saturday, December 7, 2013

Unexpected

Dear Fashion Diary,



I'm sure this is not what you expect to see mid December: 
a springy summer dress, with no sign of tights or boots. I guess that's just how I roll. I like to give you what you're least expecting! 
When everyone else is posting about snow, Christmas, and bundled up clothes, here
I am just now getting a post up from summertime.
Maybe this will give you nice sunshiney dreams as you shiver in the cold.




The best part about this dress? I altered it right to my body to fit me just right!
Here are some Before photos of how it used to fit:

Before:

Notice how baggy it used to be; the waist was too big, the sleeves were also too big and tipped out at the bottoms instead of fitting right to my arms, 
and the whole top half of the dress was baggy.
All little things, but they were enough to give me the idea to tailor it!
I bought this dress from an authentic vintage clothing etsy shop, so there was only 1!


After:





Dress/belt/flower pin/purse:Vintage//Shoes:Charlotte Russe//
Necklace:Charming Charlie


Have you been sewing/tailoring anything lately? Or working on any projects?



Linking To:
Get Your Pretty On
Pleated Poppy----> Button on the right
Transatlantic Blonde
Sew Much Ado
Because Shanna Said So
Style Elixir
Peacoats and Plaid


Pin It!

4 comments:

Sew Much Ado said...

What a cute dress! It looks fabulous on you!!!

Laura Side Street said...

Wow I really really love this beautiful retro dress - looks amazing and your alterations are perfect and it's shape is very flattering. Those shoes are super cute as well - great outfit :)

Just popping over from Fridays Fab Favourites linky :)

Laura x
www.sidestreetstyle.com

Natasha Atkerson said...

New follower here! I love your style !
Hope you'll post again soon!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
Www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Kendra Kozlowski said...

I love your dress and super cute shoes! So glad I found your blog! I would LOVE if you would follow me back:)
xoxo
Kendra
http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/