Sunday, March 10, 2013

One Dress, Two Ways

Dear Fashion Diary,










Yes, this is the same dress on my popular posts column over on the right. Can you blame me for wearing it again?? I just love putting it on! 
This is my last of the Idaho posts left I believe, and below I also have photos of how I wore it in Arizona later. In Idaho I added a skirt under it since it is a tad short,
and in Arizona I wore tights with it instead. I think I like the tights look,
how about you? With tights it is more of a 
Zooey Deschanel look and I can move around a little bit more
without fear of it being too short.
Votes, anyone?

If you missed my explanation of how I got this dress on my first post about it,
I looked and looked for it on Modcloth.com once I saw this picture:
But it was sold out. I'm not surprised! Did that deter a fashion hunter like me?
NO! :) I love a good fashion-hunt.
So I looked up who the designer was {BB Dakota} and looked around online 
till I found the same exact dress at 6pm.com
It was too big but I got it anyway because I knew I would never find this
exact one again. Plus, my mom is a master seamstress
so I knew she could fit it to me, which she did! :) 
So happy to finally have that "little black dress" every girl needs in her closet.
I would strongly suggest finding out who your favorite designers 
are and try finding out what other sites they sell to
because they always sell to more than once place!

yeah, it was really bright out....ps I feel like Peter Pan here with that shadow!



Dress:6pm.com{Modcloth brand}//Belt/Gold Shoes:Target//Black Shoes: Charlotte Russe//Pearl Necklace:Rue21//Blue Necklace:Charlotte Russe//Bracelet: F21


SO what's the verdict? Look 1 or Look 2?
button
</>
Pin It!

26 comments:

ShoeManGroup said...

I vote look two.

Rachel Sayumi. said...

ooooh I loooove both! And I LOVE the story of how you got that! I'm still on the hunt for my perfect lil black dress....

I love look 1 because it's all neutrals and so elegant! but i love in look 2 that there's a pop of color! and tights! too hard to decide :)

Meg said...

I love them both!! You are gorgeous. I personally would wear the first one, because that skirt underneath is perfection! Xo

mish berries said...

Whoa you hunted the last piece down and your mom altered it for you. That's really awesome. I like the second look more because the first look looks more strict and work like where as the second look is more fun and dark <3

I love all things laces, especially in a dress so you can imagine my excitement when I saw this piece of yours <3

mish
www.mishberries.com

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

What a stunning dress! I love both looks, but maybe the first one just a little bit more!

carrievintage said...

stunning dress

Jessi said...

You look so tan girl! And I'm in love with this dress! It's stunning!! The lace extender skirt matches perfectly and I love it with the tights too! Both are amazing, seriously.
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

Irene's Closet said...

nice!! :)

Take a look on my blog :D
www.ireneccloset.com

Annie said...

That dress is SO pretty - love both the looks but I think I like look 2 the best!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

memoirsofthenorwegiangirl said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! I`ve been looking at all your pretty photos, I felt so inspired to dress up now!

I think look nr 2! With tights and that blue necklace it looks really good on you!

Kimberly Bonham said...

LOVE this dress!

Marsa said...

good find girl!! i love it when i find something that i thought was sold out :)

Marie said...

Number 2 looks good! Dresses with leggings always look good :)

Kelly {Sparkles and Shoes} said...

I like it both ways, so pretty!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
My 1,000 Follower Giveaway!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Completely gorgeous! That dress fits you perfectly and I love both ways that you styled it. Thanks for linking up this week!

Sam M said...

Dang it, now I want this dress! It looks awesome on you, I like that you showed multiple ways to wear it, because sometimes you want to mix it up from tights when it's too short.

Ruth Alvarez said...

Oh. this is super cute! I love it!
both ways that you wore it!

www.roothless-xo.blogspot.com

come visit :)

SaraM said...

CUTE!! Great scouting!

SaraM
http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

SaraM said...

CUTE!! Great scouting!

SaraM
http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

Jenna DeSantis said...

Sara!!

This dress is just stunning on you!! I'm so glad you found my blog and left a comment so I could find yours :-) Thank you, new follower!!

Love this post! XO Jenna,
Demureindiamonds.com

jackie jade said...

love this dress! it is such a classic and looks fabulous. thanks for stopping by my blog - following yours now :) have a great weekend!
-- jackiejade.blogspot.com

Kelly McLuckie said...

I'm voting for the tights look, but they are both very classy. Great to meet another dedicated hunter and thanks for linking up with WW :)

aki! said...

Gorgeous. I never really reach for dresses like this because I'm always convinced I need an occasion for it.

7% Solution​

Adin B said...

That dress is lovely and you look so beautiful.

Rebecca said...

I love the 2nd one best, tights are my security blanket. And girl, even your shadow looks gorgeous, you are beautiful! And thank you for the comment on my vlog blog, hehe, it made my day!:)

Bekuh Browning said...

Both looks are wonderful, and aren't purchases all the more special when you really have to work for them? Adorable.