Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Homemadeness

Dear Fashion Diary,





Hey, remember me?? It's been a while! Life has not slowed down enough for me to post on here in forever... I can't even remember the last time I got to stay at 
home more than a few hours. 
I've been editing a ton of family photos from a photoshoot I recently did! 
Fun, but time consuming. 
I am loving the fact that I can finally build my photography portfolio up a bit! 
Maybe I'll put up a few photos here once I'm done.

Anyhoo- I don't know how many of you remember this skirt from my first post about it. I made it from a Walmart pattern and Walmart fabric! It was Soooo simple I love it. And I can wear it a number of ways! I'm currently working on a Jcrew inspired polkadot pencil skirt right now too that I can't wait to show this Fashion Diary of mine.

What have you all been working on lately??






Sweater: Macy's///Skirt: homemade by me///Belt/shoes: Target//Jewelry:Vintage
Pin It!

15 comments:

shooting star said...

dats a pretty pretty skirt and i dont remember...i have been busy!!!!.....

what have i ben working on...lots of work at office(infrastructure stuff and boring to describe) and travel planning which is not taking off!!!

mish berries said...

You actually made it on your own? O.O That's amazing! I was looking at your pictures before reading and there I was thinking that's a really nice skirt lol. Good job!

And nice accessories to go with it too <3 We've missed you =P

mish
www.mishberries.com

Peas & Carrots said...

Such beautiful fabric. I clicked on your post in my feed to find out where you had purchased your skirt- not that i'd be able to anyway with being over here in the UK. Also love your card, that shade of yellow is my favourite.
As your'll see on my latest post it's been all about 'Hello Kitty'. Cake, biscuits bunting and parties!
Lovely to have you back.

Katie said...

i love that skirt! still impressed that you made it!

Maiken said...

working (at my workplace), cleaning, sometimes cooking something yummy.. yeah, nothing special, to be honest.
but your outfit indeed is special and I love it! mustard is totally "your colour" and floral is "your print". though you can actually rock all the colours.. oh and how pretty are the accessories! nice shiny arm party ;)

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

carrievintage said...

great outfit!

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

I *wish* I was working on a sewing project...but first I'd have to learn how to sew. ha! That skirt turned out so beautifully!

Melodee said...

I love this skirt!!!! you always mix and match the cutest things:)

Johanna V said...

You have the cutest looks! I love this one to bits, the skirt is way too adorable! ♥

jess said...

That skirt looks great.

Franziska said...

so you just used a pattern from walmart? im borrowing my mom's sewing machine for a few weeks in April so I want to make my own skirt! I'm excited but nervous.

Kimberly Bonham said...

Where do you live??
These apartments look exactly like where we used to live!!

Kimberly Bonham said...

Where do you live??
These apartments look exactly like where we used to live!!

MissRockwell said...

I just scored a skirt similar to this and I was wondering what I could wear with it other than chambray; mustard is a great alternative. Great outfit!

http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

siannazay said...

Such a cute skirt! gorge silhouette..