Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Day of Valentine's

Dear Fashion Diary,




I had husband come outside to pose in a photo with me real quick and he didn't think to put on shoes...haha don't mind the socks!





For Valentine's Day I wanted an outfit that screamed girly and pink! I pretty much grabbed every red/pink thing I own and put it all on. I never thought to pair this striped top with this see-through pink blouse but I love the outcome! Hope it's not pink overload...

Anyway, for v-day we went out to dinner and saw that movie Warm Bodies about the zombie who falls for a human, lol. I HIGHLY suggest this movie. It was hilarious and surprisingly a feel-good movie too!
Go see it! Now!
How was your YOUR Valentine's Day??



Had a little fun during the photo editing haha!

William got me flowers! I didn't want a whole bouquet because the flowers all die anyway, so I  just wanted a couple sweet flowers :) He surprised me at work with them!

Bow Blouse/Necklace: F21///Striped top: Old Navy///Pants: Gap///Shoes: Charlotte Russe///Bangle: H&M





Linking to:

WIWW , Rolled Up Pretty, Kiwi Womens Style, Because Shana Said So, My Girlish Whims, Rae Gun Ramblings, Transatlantic Blonde.
Pin It!

21 comments:

Rachel Sayumi. said...

LOVE the couple pics! SOOO CUTE! And I LOVE how you layered a striped shirt with the sheer blouse! Brilliant

Katie said...

what a cute outfit! i love the pink and reds together!

Sheena Rae said...

Love those shoes! The rest is a bit too pink for me, but I LOVE it on you!

Melaina25 said...

Love the sheer over the stripes!
Be sure to come comment on the main post plus one other linked post :)
✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

Emily said...

I absolutely love this outfit! What a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day!

Julie said...

LOVE this outfit! You are a pattern mixing diva! I'm so self conscious of dressing up for Valentines Day, still can't do it! Also, I don't think I own anything pink..

xoxo, Julie @ OBSESSED

Lindsay said...

So, so in love with this lovey-dovey look. Especially love the idea of pairing the pink top with the striped one. It looks so good and it's creative!

shooting star said...

red for valetine and done so well, love the couple pic!!

my hubby would never pose like that...he is too camera shy :)

http://www.myunfinishedlife.com/

SaraM said...

Ahhhh you guys look darling! All the pink and red is not too much--it's very tasteful! Happy Love Month!

SaraM
http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

Beverly Houpt said...

Cute outfit! I do enjoy V-Day inspired outfits. My Valentine's Day was pretty low-key~ but fun :) And sweet.

Maiken said...

oh this is so cute! I especially love the layering with that sheer top and the striped one. and how cute are the accessories. and you two! hehe, everything's cute here :P
our Valentine's was not too special.. he got me flowers and candy (that we ate together) and I got him a yummy shower gel-shampoo because he just ran out of the last one. we ate together at home and that was it, I think :)

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Annie said...

You guys are too cute, and I love love love this outfit - that blouse is so pretty over the stripes!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

aree1997 said...

Love the look. Woo nice couple :) I had a boring vday , got 3 chocolates haha 1 more than the last year :D
Wanna follow each other? Let me know :)
Aree With Umbrella

Jennae said...

You guys are so cute! And as soon as I saw the way you put a sheer belted top over the stripes, I immediately came up with an outfit in my own closet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Found you via What I Wore Wednesday at the Pleated Poppy

Shay said...

Only you could grab everything in that color and put it together so seamlessly- you look SO CUTE!

Kotryna Bass said...

get your poor guy some shoes! haha, just joking, you guys look adroable together!

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

I love that you threw everything you had that was pink and red together - it really turned out great!

Sunny & Star said...

Beautiful pictures. I love how the belt, cuff, and flats match perfectly!

Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

Meg said...

I LOVE the pic of you and your man!! So so cute!! I'm also loving your shoes - such a pretty shade :-) Xo

Megan Ann said...

Love the layering and color pallet :)

xo, Megan
indie flower

Kayla Janachovsky said...

Lovely outfit! I host a style link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-first-ever-my-style-monday.html