Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Return of a Favorite.

Dear Fashion Diary,


How do you all like my little halo?? ;)











Diary, let me re-introduce you to one of my favorite thrifted purchases of all time.
The cable-knit J Crew sweater.
You may recognize it from last Fall! I can't wait to wear this baby every time it gets chilly outside. Be prepared to see this one a lot 'round these parts.


In other news, husband and I just put up our outside Halloween decorations!
Since we actually have a front yard now, we went to town 
with fake spiderwebs and headstones and all that! I can't wait to
show you all the finished product. 
And yes I realize we waited a little long to put up decorations seeing as Halloween is
next week.... :)
We decided to add to our decorations a little each year, 
so we don't have much yet, but it's a start!


  • striped sweater: thrifted; J Crew
  • tank top/shoes: Ross
  • belt: Target
  • purse: thrifted
  • jeans: Gap clearance
  • necklace: Charming Charlie

    Meet Virginia Design


Pin It!

22 comments:

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

What a great, layered look, Sara! Don't you just love Halloween? Take care.

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

I have trouser envy, those are fab.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...

Mariel Torres said...

Absolutely in love with those jeans! I have some like it and they are definitely my favorite pair :)

Meagan said...

That tank top looks adorable layered over the sweater.
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

I like the way you have layered your outfit. Halloween decorations sound exciting! :)

beckaboots said...

Love the sweater. So cute and comfy! And that's totally how it is with any holiday decor; each year you get more and add to your collection- so fun!!

Bekah
If Work Permits

Silvertigo said...

Nice outfit! I love your belt so much! :) xoxo

Erin said...

Love these pants! I have been wanting a pair REAL BAD!

Maiken said...

I would love to own a similar sailor-styled knitwear! it looks perfect on you :) especially with that cute boat-shaped necklace :P
and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your Halloween decorations since in Estonia it's not common or popular at all.

Summer-Raye said...

Wonderful layered look!

Summer-Raye

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

You are too cute! Love that belt....and your halo. ;)

Sharda Sewdien said...

Supercool outfit; your look like a model from the 60's.:) Hugs and kisses!

Chelsea said...

I probably just need those pants.

I think I've mentioned this before, but this post reminded me.

And Sharda is right. You DO look like a model from the sixties! Ha. Perfect description.

Raji said...

You look so lovely!
I adore those jeans, they're gorgeous
I wish we got to do Halloween decorations, but there's no point here as kids don't even trick or treat :(

Shalyn said...

I want those jeans SO BADLY! They are sooooo cute! I am loving the whole look.

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

oh my gosh, that sweater is amazing!! And I'm loving how you've styled this look, so pretty! I'm in love with that bold stripe. And aw, your place is lovely! Love the hardwood floors. Happy weekend, girly. xo veronika

its simple love said...

I love those pants! high-waisted and wide legs, love it.

Rachael

p.s. only one more day to enter the giveaway on my blog!

alyssa said...

i love that belt!

i love thrifting...lovely post! (i'm following)

xx
alyssa
http://wereaucourant.blogspot.com

Emma Frances said...

I LOVE the chunky sweater! So perfect for fall! And you are seriously pro at layering. Tips and tricks please?!

julia.a said...

wow really amazing look :):)

Sharda Sewdien said...

Hey Sara! Missing your blogpost. And you are right, it's the swastika sign.;)

If you want to win the #1 free scrapbook software worth $40 check out my blog http://creative-d-zine.blogspot.com . You can use it for your blog, make postcards, calendars, cover pages, etc. in a fun and easy way.;)

DailyGlamour said...

lovely !