Monday, October 17, 2011

Ballad of the Girl With the Red Shoes.

Dear Fashion Diary,




Diary, how great are these shoes?!
I've always wanted some bright red-hot shoes for dressing up and now I have some!


You haven't even heard the best part yet oh fashion diary.
I found them just sitting on a shelf amongst old, nasty shoes
at the D.I. {secondhand store} right around the corner!!!
I think they were $5.


This is how my eyes saw them in the store. Everything else faded to black and white!!
 {I may need to get my eyes checked..}


And what really sold me was the strap around the ankle. So 1940's! 
I want to host a vintage costume dinner party just to wear them
with some awesome Old Hollywood outfit.


OK I apologize, enough about the shoes. 
About the outfit- I love pairing loose fitting clothing with tight, rigid-lined clothing;
it makes for some interesting contrast.
So that's what I did here! 
Oh and how pretty is our new street??

  • top: Ross
  • skirt: Agaci
  • belt: Target
  • necklace: heirloom
  • crown ring: San Diego
  • shoes: thrifted


Pin It!

24 comments:

Erin said...

Those shoes are amazing! :)

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

I love everything about this look! The second pic of yours is fabulous...
Love the shoes too...Only $5??? Am still looking out for a killer pair of red heels.

Sabrina T. said...

loovely outfit dear:)
new on mine..kiss

Patchwork à Porter

Gentri said...

What an awesome find!! Super cute! :)

beckaboots said...

Love it all. Esp the shoes of course. I have a somewhat similar pair but they hurt my feet :/ wah wah. Plus the street is gorgeous. I love green and trees.

Bekah
If Work Permits

Silvertigo said...

Great outfit and beautiful shoes! :) your ring is also fantastic :) xoxo

Rebekah said...

This is such a fantastic outfit! I love everything about it (the shoes are perfect!!)

Bekah
headoverheels26.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

This is the House of SHOES! OF course it's okay for you to go on about your awesome shoes. Can't believe they are thrifted,they're so amazing! (:
And I love your street. It's so lovely (:

xo
rachelsayumi.blogspot.com

Beth said...

i love those red shoes. luv!! they are great. wear & enjoy. (:

Shalyn said...

Ah yes, the good ole' DI- what a treasure find! I never feel better than when I am wearing my red high heels!

Cee said...

You always look so elegant and ladylike! I love your pencil skirt, it fits you like a glove. And those red pumps are absolutely stunning, you couldn't have found a better pair of shoes to pair with a navy and white ensemble :)
xox,
Cee

Emma Frances said...

Oh my goodness those shoes are incredible! Mmm!! :] Also, the rest of the outfit is just perfect!

Maiken said...

hehe, what a coincidence! I just saw totally similar shoes in a thrift store but those were way too big for me and I was so sad about it.. at least someone got the perfect red shoes ;)
your outfit is very beautiful and feminine, in fact I like every detail :)

Summer-Raye said...

Love this outfit! :) And the crown ring, is my fav! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow if you'd like. let me know Ill be happy to follow bacK!


Summer-Raye

Anya Rudn said...

Lovely pics and WOW great find!! such great heels!!

~Anya

ylenia said...

I love it! this kind of skirt is perfect on you! and what a lovely ring =)

XOXO
Ylenia

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Aaaaaaaaaa(code for screaming)!! If only Grandmother could have seen these! Maybe she's smiling down on your shoes from Heaven.
Completely wonderful!!!!!
xoxo,
Mom

Confessions of a Psycho Cat said...

Skirt and shoes are beautiful :)
http://confessionsofthepsychocat.blogspot.com/

Chelsea said...

I've looked at this post like three times now. I LOVE that outfit. And those shoes are perfect.

You are so pretty. And tinnyyy.

Running on Happiness said...

Great outfit! LOVE those shoes!!

Alison said...

I love your shoes, but also the top. You look like you can really work it in that outfit. :)

Rochelle's Closet said...

nice shoes! ;-)


www.rochellekecloset@blogspot.com

Keep a-Busy Cinderelly said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE those shoes!

P! said...

AH!! AMAZING! Love everything about this look! :D