Monday, September 12, 2011

A Colorful Before and After Craft!

Hello everyone! I feel like I haven't done a new post in forever. 
Work is taking over my LIFE! 
But I somehow managed to get a little craft done for my home
while my mom was in town visiting. 
It's tradition, we have to do a craft while we're together :)
SO anyway, I found this set of 3 wall hangings at the D.I. before we moved
and I knew they had a lot of potential.
And they were less than $5 for all 3!




I'm not really one for gold home accessories...{unless its done right} so we headed to Jo-Ann and got my 3 favorite colors of paint! Grey, mustard yellow, and {of course} aqua.




And.....TAH-DAH!
Transformed!


See how they even match my aqua and yellow home decor?!





Moral of the story: it's amazing what a bit of paint can do. :)
I would Love to see any crafts you all have been working on! send me a link if you have any crafty before and afters on your blog! 





Sumo's Sweet Stuff



Meet Virginia Design
Pin It!

15 comments:

Angela said...

Love those colors. Looks great.

Method Clothe

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

I love this! I've been doing a lot of arts & crafts around the house as well. This is definitely good for inspiration! Take care.

Sick by Trend said...

Fabulous!! Love the change :D

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Yippee!!! I've been waiting for this Post. I loooooove them over the television, coordinating with your other accessories in the room. Bravo!!! But now I'm missing you again! : (
xoxo,
Mom

Emma Frances said...

Those look great! All these cute crafts in blog world make me want to completely redecorate my boring house! Haha.

Gentri said...

Oh my goodness those turned out SO SO cute!! Great job!!

Rachel said...

perfect for your home!! (:

xo
rachelsayumi.blogspot.com

Coco (The Style Notebook) said...

So beautiful! Amazing decorations :)

xoxo
thenotebookofstyle.blogspot.com

Ariana said...

So cool! I love 'em!

did you paint that tray (I hope I'm right guessing that) behind the TV stand?! It's cute, too!

beckaboots said...

Love them! Are you still working at Olive Garden? Work can be so exhausting!

Bekah

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

WOW! Looks awesome! I agree.. a little bit of paint can transform the look!

Raji said...

These are so lovely!
I thought they look great before but your handy skills really transformed them into something special
So pretty

Alexis Kaye said...

I LOVE THEM! For reals! If you ever loose wall space or something and need to find a home for them...you go ahead and call me :)

Maiken said...

wow, I really like those! your favourite colours look amazing on these :) you have done such a beautiful work!

Randi said...

Oooh, those are gorgeous colors you chose! :) And they match your house perfectly!