Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Family Lake Trip {Part 1!}

It's finally here! The event I promised would happen
and only took 3.7509888 & 1/2 years to follow through on!
Our trip to Lake Powell :)


The first day we did the race up the sand dune. Straight shot up. It's intense.


Alll that you see there is sand. Looks easier than it is! Sand is so hard to run in!

We all started strong and booked it at first, but all died out in the end... I was last. wah wah.

Then hubby biffed it pretty bad running down the mountain and ran into a rock. He's ok though, don't worry folks! Just a pretty messed up knee.


And then... Wakeboarding!!!



Here's my B.I.L. {brother in law} Mark:


My other B.I.L. Kevin:


And my S.I.L. Laura!

This picture just had to be full screen. She was singing along to The Beegees we were blastin!


They even brought their Adorable dog Jingles. She tried to make her getaway by fashioning a raft and an oar! We thwarted her escape though. Don't you worry.

My hubby is quite a babe. :)



{my mother in law Barb!}


Stay tuned for more fun photography and silly pictures in Part 2! You won't want to miss it ;)



Pin It!

19 comments:

Maiken said...

I totally loved that post and ended up laughing!! :D seems like such an awesome vacation and Lake Powell looks amazing :)

kcomekarolina said...

cool!!!


xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Nikki said...

This gateway seems so much fun! I love the dog, so cute, haha ^^ x

Chelsea said...

Girl, your photography is gorgeous. I love Lake Powell! You and your family are just so cute! I'm glad you guys got to get a way togeza.

Cami said...

So much fun! I love the pictures, especially the very first one. It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

These pics are amazing! You have such a good eye for photography. Besides all that, you were a ton of fun on the trip hahaha
The pic of the dog made me laugh
<3 Barbie

ShoeManGroup said...

Wow Sara - your pictures are awesome! You have such a talent at story telling with them. The only thing missing are some good foot pictures!

Farnsworths Forever said...

LOVE! Beautiful pictures and beautiful family!

Jessi and Brad said...

Your pictures are SO GOOD!!! They could be used to decorate!! haha. That's awesome they caught Will's fall. Poor guy, glad he's ok!

Gentri said...

I love these pictures!! And I'm glad your hubby is ok! Yikes. Knees are scary.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a GREAT Post!!! I loved seeing these pics of your fun trip with the Shoes. :-D
At first I thought you wrote that William messed up his "pretty knee"...until I slowed down and read it right. Hee-hee!!
Mom

kristie said...

LOVED THESE!!!! You girls jumping off were awesome and all the shots were FABOO!!! You must have mad skills and a crazy good camera!!!! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait for the second installment!!!YAY!!

Alexis Kaye said...

you've got some seriously MAD photography skills!

Shalyn said...

That first picture is AMAZING Sara, seriously! I dream of going to Lake Powell one day- looks like so much fun! Cant wait to see more!

jess said...

It looks like such a nice place.

Vani said...

Great photos! I'll be coming back to check your next post!
xoxo

The dressing booth

Michelle's Style File said...

WOW-these pics are amazing!!!! So professional.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

freesia said...

Amazing photos!!!!!
Look like a great day!
Freesia

Lynn said...

It seems like you had an amazing time! Great photos.

CARMEN VOGUE