Sunday, April 3, 2011

F.D.: Unlikely Duo.

Dear Fashion Diary,



 This is from a few days ago. No church today because of this 


(here's a fun little tidbit: I got that bracelet on our honeymoon!)









Ya know, I never would've thought to pair these 2 shirts together. 
But I just felt too..blah just wearing jeans and a shirt.
(I almost never just wear jeans and a shirt because I Love to layer! Layer, layer, layer.)

Anyway, I flipped through my closet last minute,
saw this military cardigan and thought,
what the heck.

So I threw this on over my shirt, feeling very weird because
I'd never worn a cardi over a long-sleeved shirt before.
I turned around and saw this staring back
at me in the mirror and LOVED it!!!




I will forever have a love affair with military style clothing.
I had to restrain a yelp of excitement when I saw this military-ish
Little Pretty sitting on the shelf at Forever 21,
just waiting for me to take her home!

  • cardi/elephant necklace/jeans: Forever 21
  • striped shirt: Target
  • belt: thrifted
  • shoes: Payless
  • purse: Ebay
    I challenge all you fellow shopaholics out there to pair something together 
    that you would never usually think of!
    Put on a blindfold and grab a few things from your closet
    & find a way to make them work together!
    Go wild! Go crazy!

    -Your Forever-21-aholic,
    Sara Jane
Pin It!

16 comments:

Barbie said...

Cute yet again ;)
cant wait to see you and will!
<3 Barbie

styled by 3 said...

such a cute outfit, love the cardi so much! perfect over that shirt. also, i feel a trip to payless is in order cause i need those shoes.i just have to wait for 28 more days. ahhh, this challenge is getting difficult. very difficult...

~liz

grace said...

this. is. ADORABLE.

need i say more?

Monique Zuman said...

Those shoes are adorable!!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Little Lovables said...

I think it looks adorable. love the cardi/jacket... it's like a gentle military style

Colleen said...

The first time I wore a cardigan over a button down shirt had a similar feel. glad you tried it.

Brittney said...

so, i can't handle two things about this (in a good way): (1) the combo of jacket and shoes. *swoon* (2) how the cuffs of your shirtsleeves poke, and poof just a little, out from the end of your jacket.
you look awesome, sara jane! fully and completely.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by if you'd like)

Renee B. said...

Holy cuteness!! You are adorable! Love the military style jacket, I have something sort of similar from F21 that I've only worn once, I should totally bust it out again! So glad I found you, you have great style!!! Newest follower, hello hello! xoxo

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

so glad i found you! your blog is adorb and i love that jacket and that cute bag!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Piril Maria said...

Great blog!




♥ Love,
http://thebookness.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Found you through the feature n Clothed Much.. Love the double long sleeves! You pulled it off amazingly. You look so lovely!

Mint & Mellow (Enter my giveaway!)

Judy C said...

That jacket is so cute it would make a lot of outfits special.

Michelle said...

oh my love it all! you make breaking the rules look good lol :)

Tiffany said...

Those two look so incredibly cute together! I love them!

kelsey said...

That cardigan is soo cute! I've been eying those shoes, too!

Justine said...

This is an AWESOME outfit! I love every bit on it.

Just Better Together