Wednesday, March 30, 2011

F.D.: Secret-Garden-Whimsy.

Dearest Fashion Diary,

Ok, so this just might be my favorite outfit so far :)
I got the dress at a store called Romy,
and it was a tad too short so 
my sweet mother let the hem out and made it modest for me! 


Thanks, mom!











                                             Ya know, in the past I've always sworn off
purple. But I'm finding myself
warming up to my ex-enemy more and more!
I think it's safe to say we're friends now,
Purple and I.

  • Dress: Romy
  • mint cardigan(underneath): Gap on sale
  • necklace: Forever 21
  • belt: thrifted $1
  • shoes: Charlotte Russe


I strongly suggest running straight to the sale rack at Gap
 if you happen to go. It's incredible. 
And as I always say, things become so much cuter when they're cheap.

-Thriftully Yours,
Sara Jane.
Pin It!

13 comments:

Stargirl said...

I love it!

Jay and Kay said...

Cute dress! I really like the flower pin, which I thought was part of the dress! And, the shoes are way cute!

A Lost Feather said...

that dress is sooo adorable on you.. love the pattern.

i use to hate purple, too! but i've been liiiivvvvviiinggg in my favorite purple coat all winter :) it's a good one, that purple

Anonymous said...

Sara! I love looking at your posts! You are adorable! I absolutely love Romy they have the best dresses! This look is super cute, it definitely looks like a dress that needs to be twirled in! P.s. I love the cardigan underneath!
Rendy :)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Sooooooo cute on you!! And I love how you tied in the mint with your necklace and sweater top. It's such a Kathryn Heigl dress!!! :-D
xoxo,
Mom

ShoeManGroup said...

Hmmm - OK, I've never even heard of Romy, but the dress looks cool. I think you and purple should be friends now!

styled by 3 said...

fabulous dress - styled perfectly!

Cindy said...

Sara,

You are so cute! I've loved looking at your blog the last couple of days since your Mom put the link on her blog. It's good to catch up with you again.

Love, Aunt Cindy

theunabridgedgirl said...

I love the blurry in the photos! It adds to the vintage. And the dress is darling! Aren't mothers wonderful?

Molly @ A Bit O' Shine said...

Too cute! I love the accessories! Just the perfect modern vintage look. And yay for moms that sew - although I always have the other problem of everything being too long 'cause I'm a shorty! ;)

Jessi and Brad said...

Yes, I love this dress!!! I didn't even realize you only had a shirt on underneath at first, I thought it was like a cardigan. Super adorable!! :) You skinny legs make everything look good! :)

Randi said...

Oh my goodness, Sara, I LOVE this outfit! I love how whimsical it is!

Teddi said...

so cute very garden tea party, or lovely spring church dress, or let's go for a picnic, or a wedding or baby shower... it's an outfit for many occasions. it's nice to have a mom that sews, says a girl that knows. i like the flower pin detail. did you make it into a necklace?