Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Baby McKenzie's Blessing Day!

So we had our McKenzie's baby blessing a few weeks ago and it was so wonderful! William gave such a beautiful blessing that made me tear up, and she didn't even cry at all during the whole thing. {She did however have a major nasty diaper blowout all over her beautiful homemade dress afterwards...but that's a different story!} So much family came too, I felt so loved :)  I was actually on day 1 of an awful, awful flu on the blessing day, little did I know! So I had to fake it and luckily I didn't feel Too bad yet, but the next day was horrid. So grateful it didn't fully hit till the next day! Regardless though, I still enjoyed every minute.  There's nothing quite like hearing your husband give a priesthood blessing to your little daughter. Indescribable.









Due to the major blowout all over the dress, I took these photos a couple weeks after the blessing one random morning, haha! I had to do my mom's sewing work justice and take a bunch of upclose photos of both her and the dress. You can find her over at The House of Whimsy blog :)






Look at the detail of the collar! She is amazing.









My mom gave me my old blessing dress when I got married, and here it is next to McKenzie's. I love seeing different generations together! And one day I can give McKenzie her dress when she gets married :)











Pin It!