Saturday, September 21, 2013

SEW Overdue: My Homemade Skirt

Dear Fashion Diary,


So I guess it's kindof my thang now to disappear entirely from the blogging 
community for weeks at a time, then randomly pop up with a post here & there...
It's funny how priorities change I guess. 

Well anyways here's that post I meant to put up ages ago about that skirt I made!



It was supposed to be a beginner's pattern but ended up turning into 
a total nightmare. The pattern itself was typed up wrong with the wrong photos too 
so it took quite a while to rip out most the stitches and try to start over the right way!
But with the help of my totally awesome mother-in-law, we managed to figure it out.
What a relief it was to finally finish this monstrosity!!! 
My sister in law made one too and I think we were all so happy to be done.

But at least it was worth it cause I love it now!

Here was my inspiration:


I chose to make mine a little longer with more of a 40's cut/fit to it.


If you haven't noticed by now, I have an obsession with the nautical look. 
Who says red white and blue are reserved for the 4th of July?!
I get that from my mother :)
This look is probably the most nautical as it gets but hey I don't care. 








Top:Old Navy//Blazer:F21//Skirt:Homemade by me//Shoes:Thrifted//Necklace:Charlotte Russe


You've probably seen one too many polkadots after scrolling through this...

Pin It!