Thursday, August 7, 2014

Custom Eshakti Dress Review

Dear Fashion Diary,



You have no idea how excited I am about this post. 
I have been waiting and hoping that eShakti would 
contact me to do a dress review! And it finally happened! 
I've been seeing their amazing custom pieces all over
the blogosphere and wanted one so badly :)

The awesome thing about eShakti is that you can send them your Exact measurements, and they make a dress/skirt tailored to YOU! It's like having
your own tailor. There's nothing like putting on a dress that was literally
made just for you. 



I have really long arms and always have the worst time finding: A) dresses with sleeves, and B) sleeves that are the length I want. eShakti gives you the option under Sizing to specify if you have long arms or short arms! 
It gets really specific, I love it. They make sizes 0-36W!



Here's my favorite part. The website has diagrams of all the different types of necklines you can choose. This is more of a fashion preference  than a sizing issue, which is an added bonus! I am OBSESSED with boatnecks {very Audrey Hepburn, who is my idol}. I was so excited to see that was an option! 
instantly adds that vintage vibe I love.



And who doesn't love a dress with pockets?
 I just love how their sizing options work:
They have 3 easy steps once you choose which item you want. Under step 1 you can choose Standard Size, or Custom size. Under Custom Size, they ask for 8- yes 8-measurements! Then you can give them your height in Step 2, and Step 3 gives you custom Styling options. What's not to love? 

Not everyone fits into a cookie-cutter dress that's manufactured on a conveyor belt in a factory, ya know? We all have different shapes and styles that don't always fit into the US sizing charts. 
Finally! I get a dress long enough for my curiously long torso and legs. Finally! The sleeve length I want. Finally! A boatneck dress!!! I couldn't be happier with the outcome.




(here's the funny part. I chose to have the midi length which I usually love, but when it arrived I realized it was too long for a seersucker dress. So I ended up doing some tailoring of my own by hemming the dress shorter by hand. Kindof ironic since the dress was already tailored to me! Lesson learned!)



Dress: eShakti//Shoes: Goodwill//Belt:Target//Necklace: Lulu's//Chain bracelet:yunikelley


Be sure to check out their FacebookPinterest page, and Twitter 
for sales and shop updates!



linking to:

Pin It!

21 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Love, love, love the photo shoot! And the darling dress! How come you're so adorable?...Oh yeah...I made you. Ha! : )
Xoxo,

Mom

Celyn PS said...

such a cute outfit! I love your dress!

styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

Imogen said...

Exciting. This dress is super beautiful.

Maiken said...

hey, Sara! I'm not sure if you remember me but I sure thought you didn't write anymore because I didn't get any of your posts. but then I was updating my blog list and decided to check it out and wow, you actually WERE writing! so I started following via Bloglovin because Blogger obviously removed your posts from my feed (:S). and I'm glad I re-discovered your blog!
anyway, the dress. I really like that neckline and I'm in love with the accessories you've chosen, especially the belt and the statement necklace. such a lovely package overall!
ps. congrats on the baby girl! I've sure missed a lot in this blog of yours ;)

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Jessi said...

Ah this is so freaking cute!!! I love the color, the shape and the boatneck! You customized it perfectly and it's gorgeous! :) Love eshakti!

Jessi
www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

Tiffany Opp said...

Cute dress! I love the print and the fact that you made it a boat neck. eShakti is so great!
Tiffany
www.stylestealsandstilettos.com

CaseyGirlHeard said...

Super cute!! I like this look a lot

caseyheard.blogspot.com

Abigail said...

Love that dress on you. It looks and fits like custom-made indeed :) Now you're making me excited to get my hands on my own eshakti dress!

By the way, I just updated my blog with a new post. I’d love for you to swing by: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Hi Sara. This dress is gorgeous. Love the color and stripes. I loved ordering my dress from them. It looks wonderful with your cognac oxford shoes. You did a great job. Your hair looks so good and you look great so soon after the baby too.

I am Ada. We have followed each other for a while, I don't know if you remember me. Glad to stop by after a long time.

Have a Great Rest of the week and welcome by to see my latest. Thanks. =)

Rachel said...

What a lovely, lovely dress. The color and pattern is perfect on you! I'm already a pretty big fan of eShakti! :)

Jessica Jannenga said...

I know what you mean, I see Eshakti everywhere on the blogs and I love the idea of customizing the clothes. I love the color and the style on you is amazing. I also really like the cognac heels and belt you paired with it.
from the link up
please stop by, jess
http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

J. Elle said...

Love the dress you chose! The seersucker fabric is so striking. You styled it wonderfully, too.

Jennie
http://www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com/

Nicole Layne said...

That dress looks so great on you! This was a great choice. I really like the accessories you've paired it with!

Nicole
Nicole to the Nines

Chioma said...

love love the vintage feel of this dress! I can't wait to style a skirt coming my way from them soon! ;)

C's Evolution of Style

Tina Bradley said...

Lovely eShakti dress! I have one as well and I adore it! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

That dress is perfect on you and those shoes!! Have a great weekend!!

Katie | FashionFrugality.com said...

LOVE this dress! Reminds me of a vintage one I used to wear all the time in high school - but it was more of a tent dress design... I love the fit and flare look of this one. So pretty!

Steph S said...

This dress is so classic and looks GREAT on you! Thanks for linking up with us at Three-fer Thursdays!
xo, Steph
White Coat Wardrobe

LeTroy Cooke said...

Very nice. You look great. I love eShakti! The boatneck was a nice touch.

Tamara said...

This dress is so cute on you! I'm posting an eShakti review tomorrow ;). I have to say, I was very impressed by them.

Tamara
www.trulytamara.com

Bett said...

Your wholesale clothing for women is amazing! You look so beautiful!:)