Monday, January 14, 2013

The Transformation of the Pink Radio.




For today's post I'm doing something a little different. A craft!
Bet you didn't know I liked to do anything other than shop, didn't you? ;)



Anyone who knows me knows that
I was born in the wrong century. If I had my pick
I would live in the 1950's/60's!
I am slowly trying to fill my house with vintage items to create
the right vintage ambiance that I so crave!
So you can imagine my excitement when I totally Scored this adorable radio
 at an antique store. The only problem was that it was an ugly tan color.
But I saw what it could look like in my head and scooped it up straight away!




I neglected to take a photo of it before I put the painting tape on it...
nonetheless here is the before photo
and in the painting process.

Tah-Dah!





Amazing what a simple coat of paint can do, isn't it?
Never give up on something old or used {that goes for clothes, too!} just 
because it's not too pretty to start out with. There's almost always a way to upcycle something into a cute display of your personal style.

{one last before and after shot.}
P.S. I got the pink paint at Jo-Anns. My favorite vintage shade of pink, too!



Sumo's Sweet Stuff

Crafty Confessions
Our Delightful HomeTip Junkie
Pin It!

18 comments:

LaynahRose said...

It's so perfect. All I want to do is go find something vintage and paint it some pastel hue now.

Rachel Sayumi. said...

ok that is amazing!!!! it looks 100 times better! What a cute decoration for your home!!

Love Sparkle Pretty said...

I am in LOVE with this little radio! Adorable! :)

shooting star said...

its such a cute little thing!!!! love what you have done!!!

I have a liking for antique, ethnic n heritage stuff..and also have an obsession to fill my house with plants at every conceivable corner :)

http://www.myunfinishedlife.com/

Maiken said...

my gosh, how cool is this! does it work too?? (I guess not but I still must ask, hehe). I and my fiance also love vintage stuff so I would definitely love to see more posts like this one here. and how cute is that pink shade! simply one big "aww"! :)

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

jess said...

That looks so good pink!

Shay said...

I love it! Not surprised you have great style in home decor!

Sara said...

Cute idea!! I love the vintage feel!!

SaraM
http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

Lisa@Family Life Happy Life said...

So cute, what a great idea! I never would have thought you could paint a radio, it just goes to show you can paint pretty much anything. Love it!

ShockinglyDomestic said...

I love it! The pink is my favorite part. Great taping! You have a really good eye!

ju.lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Holy freaking adorable alarm clock batman! You have such a great eye! More crafts please!

xoxo, Julie @ OBSESSED

mish berries said...

That's is one awesome clock o.o

I swear I scrolled up and down multiple times just to make sure I read the description correctly and that the pictures tally because I absolutely cannot believe you did that!

It's really awesome o.o And yes, it's a surprise that you could do craft given that you already have the talent in fashion. Why do you have multiple talents ;_;

I've followed you on Google Friend Connect and would be glad if you could do the same! <3

Would love to have you visiting my page as well, though not nearly half or even a quarter as awesome as yours <3

mish
www.mishberries.com

(un)Deniably Domestic said...

I just love what you have done with this clock. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Shirley Tay said...

That's such a pretty pink & a wonderful idea! Stumbled upon your blog & it's a nice place to chill out. I'm following u at Pinterest & GFC, & would love to have u follow me too! See u there @ Shirley's Luxury Haven!

marie said...

I saw your pink radio on your mother's blog....just wanted to pop by and say, "It is so cute!" Love the bookcase it's displayed on too.

Cyndee@Restyled Junk said...

Oh that's adorable! I love pink and I would totally do that!

Jessi said...

Oh my gosh Sara! This is darling!! I can't believe you lucked out and found this! The pink is the perfect shade on it! Ah, I want one! Lol. And you sure do know how to decorate girl!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com