Saturday, June 30, 2012

Moo-Moo Magic

Dear Fashion Diary,









Fun little fact: This ring used to be a long necklace pendant.
I found that I was never wearing it as a necklace,
so I disconnected it from the chain and used E6000 glue to attach it to a ring!
And now I wear it all the time :)
Now about the dress. This thing was pah-retty nasty at the DI when I found it.
It resembled something that one of those cat-lady animal hoarders
would wear around her cluttered house.
But! the color had potential since aqua Is my favorite color and all. 
So I didn't even use a sewing machine,
I just implemented the magic of a wide belt {works every time!!!} 
and threw a cardigan on it.
{If ya like it put a cardi on it. Get it? Beyonce's song? ha..}
You can probably tell it was a moo-moo
since the top still looks a little funny, but a girl can try, right??

I hope you all have a lovely 4th of July full of sparkling fireworks,
family, and good all-American food :)

 Dress: Thrifted
Cardi/Belt: Target {old}
Shoes: Ross
Necklace: JC Penney/Ring: Charlotte Russe {used to be a necklace}
Flower pin: vintage {from my wedding bouquet}


Pin It!

13 comments:

Brooklyn McKenna said...

Before I finished reading I was gonna ask where you got the dress. I LOVE it. Cute outfit, well done :)

Kimberly Bonham said...

Love everything about this outfit!

Katie said...

i love that ring - so crafty of you! : ) and those shoes are adorable!

Maiken said...

this so called waist-belt trick is my old favourite and I will always keep using it because it's true magic, hehe.
anyway, it's so cool how you've combined polka dots with some more polka dots and the necklace is beautiful too!

Maiken,
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Melodee said...

cutest moo-moo evah!!!

ylenia said...

Nice outfit Sara! You always wear nice accessories, and I'm totally in love with your necklace now =)))
XOXO
Ylenia

Love Sparkle Pretty said...

Love the polka dots! :)

Annie said...

LOVE the dotted cardi with the dotted shoes - too cute! And that dress looks so pretty on you :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Isabel.L said...

I love this look with a bit of vintage feel, everything is perfectly combined and the statemtn ring you made is just another plus !

http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.se/

Isabel.L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy K said...

Are we following each other... because I think we should

Much Love,
http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

Alex said...

wow loving this, especially the polka do cardigan and the necklace!

and yay for slight diy touches! it's always great to maximize the use of things :D utilizing your resources and not wasting, wooo~~~!

alex @ carouselstreet.com

Snow Bruce said...

So this is so called sea blue? I love this style and never wanted that it can even so charming to you! There are also men who carry Retro leather shoulder bags with them. Of course, these bags are designed for men. You would not caught men walking along bringing a Leather double handle briefcase with them.