Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Shoemaker Christmas.


So I know this is terribly late, but here's to a {belated} Merry merry Christmas 
to you all from the Shoemaker family! :)
I hope you all had a splendid holiday, and you all got to spend it with loved ones!

 I hope you don't mind this plethora of Christmas tree pictures, I went kind of berserk with 
my camera, I was having too much fun! I'm still by NO means 
done collecting seasonal decorations but this is a start! And do you want to know 
a fun little fact? Every single ornament on our tree was purchased 
at the dollar store :) And the star is from Walgreens. 
Now That is what I call a frugal tree! 



{a little preview of my Christmas outfit post coming soon!}

*favorite*



Ok, on to our festivities. Christmas Eve was marvelous;
it consisted of me baking goodies most the night,
 {pumpkin bread and mom's famous sugar cookies!}

Next, we drove around looking at the lights everywhere, listening to Christmas music and 
drinking our eggnog while snacking on said sugar cookies,

Then we concluded the magical evening by watching White Christmas, a MUST in our household. A classic! {oh, and don't get me started on the CLOTHES in this film. yum.}

Then, the big day!! 
William got this gaming chair for when he plays games on his xbox :)


He also got Aqua Di Gio cologne, his favorite. {He must've been on the Nice list this year ;) } 


Then Santa got me a sewing machine, and a NOOK!!! I've been wanting all my books in one place for so long, I was so happy to open this. Also, I guess this means I really have to learn how to sew now, eh? I'm excited to alter my own clothes!




Well there you have it! Another happy Christmas with my honey!
 Sorry this took so long to get up. Maybe I'll be more on top of things next year. 
I hope you all remembered what Christmas is truly about and that you spread love to all those around you-family, friends, and strangers. 
I hope you all have an amazing New Year's Eve as well!! 
Can you believe we're about to enter 2012? This is the year the world is supposed to end, right?
In that case, it was nice knowin ya all, see ya on the flip side! ;)
Pin It!

14 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness...your photo editing on the Post was amazing. I loved taking my time looking at all the magical photos! Beautiful job on everything. Looks like you two had another wonderful, sweet Christmas together. : )
Love, Love, Love the polka dot fingernails!!! :-D
xoxo,
Mom

Erin said...

Love these pictures! The tree looks amazing! :) Yay for a sewing machine! I need to learn how!

Maiken said...

what a lovely story about your Christmas! I really enjoyed going through all the cute photos and your tree looks so pretty and shiny!
btw, congrats on the sewing machine and good luck with it ;)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Ewelina said...

Happy New Year ! :)

Twenty Somethings said...

Soooo beautiful. The award for the BEST christmas blogpost goes to you Sara! :D
Tanya
xoxo
www.pinkandfrolic.blogspot.com

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

You lucky bastards! Have fun with all your amazing gifts ^^ Merry Christmas to you too! or should I say Happy New Year by now? haha ^^ x

Molly @ A Bit O' Shine said...

What a fun Christmas! Hurray for the fun new goodies! I have plans for some clothing alterations too even though sewing machines + me = disaster.

beckaboots said...

So cute! Love it all and love the tree pictures. I took a bunch too. Happy New Year!

Bekah
If Work Permits

rach_t said...

Such lovely photos, thank you for sharing your lovely festivities with us :) And lucky you, what lovely gifts!
Happy New year, hope you have a wonderful 2012
Rachel
:D

ylenia said...

Happy new year Sara!
Wow, I'm curious to see clothes made by you =)
XOXO
Ylenia

Sick by Trend said...

Happy Holidays and New Year honey

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

lizchewy said...

Happy New Year!! It's so hard to believe that Christmas and New Year have come and gone. I love your picture of the Christmas tree, it looks so magical.

xoxo
Lizzo

michelle said...

great photos !:)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Awesome photos! I love your tree and your polka dot nails!