Saturday, November 19, 2011

And We're Back.

Dear Fashion Diary,











First of all, welcome to any new followers just finding my little blog!
 I so did not mean to stay away from my dear bloggy for so long. I sure had a spectacular
trip to my hometown though. I cannot wait to show you all the pictures!
{and boy are there Pictures..}
I just wish husbandman could've come! But the sunshine and warmth did my heart good,
and so did seeing my family-I got to see both immediate and in-laws! :)
I fit in so much Fun in one week, it was amazing. We even had a mini-Thanksgiving, 
and of course there was shopping involved.

Anyways, this outfit is simple but one of my new faves! I felt like a 50's housewife
in the pearls with that old-style gingham. {is that gingham or am I totally off?}
And I was worried when we moved that I wouldn't find any cute
clothes at the DI nearby, but I don't think I have anything to worry about anymore!

Happy Thanksgiving!
What are your Thanksgiving plans??

Outfit Details:
  • mint cardi: Gap sale
  • checked top/ shoes: thrifted @ DI
  • belt: from a vintage dress via Etsy
  • skinnies: walmart
  • pearls:? /ring: Charlotte Russe
  • brooch: heirloom from my grandmother


Pin It!

21 comments:

Rachel Sayumi. said...

I was seriously about to write you! Missed you so much. Still lookin fabbb! <3

Joanna S. said...

you look lovely :)
i love your shoes :)

Nikki said...

aww girl, you are seriously so cute! I love your gingham shirt! happy thanksgiving!! x

Gentri said...

So jealous of your shoes!

Jessi and Brad said...

adorable outfit! Yes I did change my hair, I've been trying to get a good one of it recently so I'll post that once I do! Your new place looks SO awesome!! We should come visit you guys, when are you free? We'll be gone thanksgiving, but December we're pretty open!

beckaboots said...

Love the loafers and pearls. I'm glad that your trip was fun. It is hard taking trips without the hubby. Glad you are home safe.

Bekah
If Work Permits

Cari Cantrell said...

Cute blog!! Cute outfit! :)

hello, Friday said...

Love this classic look. It would be a perfect holiday-home-celebrating attire for me. xoxo
http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

I love all of your tiny details! I love the pearls and the brooch..the belt...oh its just so cute! :)

Glad you had a great time away hun! :)

cryskay said...

love this preppy look! xx

Maiken said...

it's great you're back! :) and I just have to mention how much I like that classy outfit! everything looks so good together and your cardigan is beautiful!

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Twenty Somethings said...

Welcome back, cuteness :)
very pretty and cozy outfit that is!

Bad Joan said...

Great outfit! Love your loafers!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

Shervin's World said...

Soo good! loving your blog happy i found it!! rad!

www.shervinsworld.com

pls come follow us if u love!

Emma Frances said...

I love this outfit! Especially the mint sweater and the pearls! And I can't wait to see pictures from your trip!! :]

Megan said...

Adorable!! Sooo I thought I was following you, and wondered why I hadn't been seeing you. Then I realized I wasn't following you. True story.

Anyway, I love this look - I like how you layer items and look comfortable but still put-together.

Happy Thanksgiving week! I'll be cooking for some friends - hopefully the food doesn't suck, but if so, there's always wine!!!

when BABI speaks said...

love your loafers and plaid blouse! they're both pretty fabulous! looking forward for thanksgiving too, actually the day after thanksgiving! :-)

Babi
www.whenbabispeaks.com

Monica and Whitney said...

Love this look!

Ask the Duplex

xoxo Kellz* said...

great layering hunny me likey

ylenia said...

Love the whole outfit, and you look so sweet!

Lauren said...

i am loving your whole outfit! especially the shoes and plaid and sweater and everything. haha. so cute.