Monday, October 3, 2011

The Belt Trick.

Dear Fashion Diary,



Finally! Some recent pictures that are just a little more creative than 
the pictures at my old apartment. 
 I've been impatiently trying to get through all my old pictures so that I could
get the newer pictures up!
At long last :)
 


So I've noticed all of my outfits lately are dressy Sunday outfits.
When's the last time I Wasn't wearing a skirt on here?
I think that's a sign I need to start dressing cute on weekdays and not just Sundays.
Having to wear a uniform to work every day really puts
a damper on my fashion inspiration.
Now the only way I get to dress how I want is on Sundays! 

a fun vintage clutch I added a flower to!

This is my favorite type of lace in the world! Does anyone know the name of it?


Want to know something funny? I actually wore a belt with this to church 
 but I took off the belt to relax a little bit when we got home;
then I decided it looked better without it!
You probably thought the black strip between skirt and top was a belt, didn't you?
Well the black 'belt' you see is simply part of this pink top, 
which is actually a dress!
It's really a dress with a pink top and a black skirt that's hiding beneath this lace skirt.
Laziness pays off, who knew?   






  • dress worn as a top: Ross
  • grey cardi/ lace skirt: Downeast Basics
  • turquoise necklace: Romwe.com
  • gold heels: Forever 21 
  • ring: Target
Pin It!

27 comments:

Jennifer Fabulous said...

One word popped into my mind when I saw this outfit: LOVELY.

You really have such an elegant sense of style, it seems. I adore it! That soft shade of pink is very flattering on you. I love the top! :)

ylenia said...

Hey Sara, thanks for your comment! I like everything in this outfit: your top, the necklace and the skirt! but I love your shoes even more!!! they' re perfect! I often take my photos in the night because I work everyday out of town and I only came back home at around 7 pm! But I will do my best for next photos ;)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Ha!!!! that should be a bumper sticker, "laziness pays off". :-D
I Loooooove the striped flower on the clutch. And the last photo here is so pretty and romantic. Great Post!!
xoxo,
Mom

rach_t said...

This outfit is super super pretty!! That necklace is divine and those shoes, wowie!! :)
Rachel
http://yummymummysgalore.blogspot.com

Joanna S. said...

you've got so beautiful weather :)
great pics :) you look cute :)
xx

beckaboots said...

I wish that laziness looked that good on me! haha. Love the lace too. I don't know what it's called but I have some from my grandma and it's awesome.

Bekah
If Work Permits

Emma Frances said...

Adorable! I always love your jewelry. Too bad I never actually wear jewelry...I'm not sure why I don't but your posts always make me want to accessorize more!! Also, I love that you wore a dress as a shirt! So cute!!

Angela said...

I love the skirt. I need a lace skirt. I've been looking for the perfect one. And that necklace is adorable. It looks perfect with the dress/top.

Cee said...

I am so beyond glad that I stopped by your blog today, because this outfit is an absolute dream! I really truly want to come down and raid your closet so I can wear it :) I don't even know which part is my favourite... The heels, that lace skirt, the statement necklaces...! You look absolutely stunning :)
xox,
Cee

Bad Joan said...

Love your outfit! The skirt is fabulous!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

cryskay said...

cute skirt and shoes! you look so classic. xx

Maiken said...

wow! you look so beautiful in that outfit and yeah, the lace skirt is like a dream ;) and I looove the necklace and also your ring. perfect job, girl! :)

Twenty Somethings said...

Sara! I love absolutely everything in this outfit!! The top/dress, the cardi, the skirt, oh man, the skirt is gorgeous :)

much love
Tanya

Meagan said...

I love your dressy style! It's so pretty and feminine!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

Vantage Point Vintage said...

What a gorgeous outfit, I love the skirt! :)

Best,
Nicole D http://www.vantagepointvintage.com/blog/

when BABI speaks said...

I think that's chantilly lace. i love that lace too! perfect for your skirt!

Babi
www.whenbabispeaks.com

Deidre said...

You look stunning. And those shoes are fantastic.

Diana Chow said...

Hi Sara! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and for the kind words :)

I really love your skirt - so much intricate detail, and a great length for Fall!

http://deesvie.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Thanks for the sweet comment my dear! I love your outfit...you are too darling! :) Cute and fun shoes!

Erin said...

Thanks for the sweet comment my dear! I love your outfit...you are too darling! :) Cute and fun shoes!

Rachel said...

Your shoes are to DIE for! And your whole outfit is so girly and elegant! And you look BEAUTIFUL!

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

Love everything about this outfit!

Shannon said...

that ring is a stud!!!

Seth + Carlie said...

That is so cute! I love the ring, and the necklace. Well the whole outfit! ha =)

Daydreamer said...

Perfect outfit and nice photos:)
I love this lace skirt!

Sharda Sewdien said...

You look absolutely gorgeous; love those shoes and your lace skirt.;)

DailyGlamour said...

that's lovely you look great
kisses