Sunday, July 17, 2011

Flutter Sleeves and Sequin Purses.

Dear Fashion Diary,






So Diary, I know you are probably sick of seeing these flare pants 
over and over.
But I can't help myself, I love them so much!
And getting them on sale from $70 to $17?
C'mon. Of course I practically live in them. They're Gap for Heaven's Sakes.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways...
I would like to present my New Fossil bag! 
I think I wore it one other time on here but this time I'm really showcasing it.
You see, this bag caused quite a fuss.
The second I laid eyes on it at the mall I nearly fainted I loved it so much.
All the other messenger bags I wanted were too huge to use daily, 
but this one was Just right. 
And the color scheme made me swoon!
I've had my heart set on this style of bag 
ever since I can remember, but have never wanted to pay the high price for them.


This bag was no different. It was $108! NOooooo way jose.
So I constantly kept my eye on it online scouting for sales and what-not.
Until it finally came down to $50.
(even that is a little much but there were only like 3 left in store and I figured it wouldn't be marked down any more than that.)
Problem was, I still hadn't found a job yet. But I was worried if I waited too long it would sell out! So, I did what any critical-thinking girl would do. 
Asked mom for help! 
My sweet sweet mother bought the purse for me and I promised to pay her right back the second I got a job. Lo and behold, I got hired at Olive Garden soon after,
and the next time we visited AZ I paid her back in full and the beauty was MINE!
Finally, my own buckle, cream canvas, w/ a latch, messenger bag :)
(Diary.... you are probably thinking that's way too much work for a purse..But to that I say this. Diaries can't think! so ha!)

and howdya like my little sequin purse necklace I found at an antique store?? It can actually hold a few small things in it.


Long story short: be prepared to see this bag around here A Lot.


  • top: Ross
  • belt: thrifted
  • jeans: Gap sale
  • purse: Fossil (Dillard's)
  • shoes: gift {Ross?}
  • necklace: antique store
Pin It!

28 comments:

Gentri said...

I absolutely LOVE it! AND I have a VERY similar story! I have always wanted a leather backpack but could never find one for the right price and style (while still being real leather). And when I say I've ALWAYS wanted one... I mean always. Last winter (Christmas time) I found one at Nordstrom that was practically perfect (The straps are a little short to go over both shoulders, but it works on one and I can change them to the messenger bag style). Except for the price... It was around 300... Yuck. So I waited and watched and checked every day. Slowly the price went lower and lower until... $60!!! I know that's a lot, but reduced from 300? That's nothing. I of course didn't have a job at the time either, so my mom very kindly ordered it for me and counted it among my Christmas gifts. :) I love it. and I'm pretty sure I got THE last one available.

Maiken said...

I totally agree about that beautiful bag! it was worth buying and it looks so cool! (Y) would love to own something like this too :)

Alexandrа said...

I love your jeans! I want the same))

http://ohsoalexandrish.blogspot.com/2011/07/mumiy-troll-at-last.html

My new post!

Meagan said...

I love your jeans. I'd be wearing them constantly too. I try not to buy jeans *too* often and I just got a few new pairs not that long ago but I really want to take a trip to the Gap now.
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Tricia Kay said...

I love this outfit! Those jeans are adorable!

Elizabeth .: Have Your Cake Blog said...

Great denim! I love getting a great deal too!

I'm having a Deborah Lippmann nail polish giveaway if you'd like to enter, just click here

DailyGlamour said...

love your style and your smile !

Nikki said...

GAP has the best flared jeans there is! I wish they had a store here... x

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

I'm not sick of them, that's for sure :)
and I LOVE your bag, I seriously can't get over how adorable it is :)

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

I am in love with your jeans! You look great in flares. Take care!

Michelle Lee said...

Love is outfit so much perfect jeans :) cute top and bag

Bruna said...

nice outfit!

Fashion and Number said...

Gosh, why didn't I see the denim pants when I shop at Gap yesterday. Ah not happy!

That fossil bag is so "mulberry". I love it!

Great oufit, my dear!

Love, Fashionandnumber

cryskay said...

you look great in those wide leg jeans! wish i could pull those off! xx

Shalyn said...

I love those pants and would wear them everyday if I had them.

That bag is amazing but I am even more in love with that neckalace- it really holds things?!! Holy amazing!

simplychic said...

loving the jeans. if i had them, i'd wear them all the time too.

Courtney Ash said...

Ummm those pants are fabulous, and that messenger bag is too cute for words! Love this outfit your adorable! xoxo

Sharda Sewdien said...

Love the look; my favorites are your top and that very cute necklace.;)

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh you are gorgeous girl!! And those jeans are sooo cute! I'd be wearing them almost everyday :)
And love the bag! I bet it was worth every penny!

Eclectic Flair said...

This is such a great look on you, love the flares, top and that messenger bag! Lovely!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

ylenia said...

I love your bag!!!!! I want it!!!

The Platinum Batch said...

these you HAD to buy! and ill never get sick of those jeans!!! that purse is awesome too!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a darling look! Best jeans EVER!!! And you'll never regret getting that amazing messenger bag. :-D
xoxo,
Mom

Marella said...

Amazing outfit dear and great blog!
Following! Follow back? <3

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

Your necklace is SO adorable. I love that it's a little purse, seriously sweetest necklace ever!! And keep on wearing your jeans, because they look gorgeous on you. xx veronika

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

P.S. I'll always adore your little sequin purse necklace!!!!!

V A N E S S A said...

Wow, the pants are really cool! love it. Also the little bag is super nice :).

www.fashionsaveur.blogspot.com

beckaboots said...

Love the pants. I jut bought a pair of similar style but I haven't been able to wear them yet because they are too long (story of my life). Luckily, my SIL who is the queen of craftiness knows how to do an original hem so I am taking them over to her soon.
I love the bag too. It's so hard to spend on something when you are trying to save money but when you're in love, you HAVE to. Haha.
I miss you as well. Can you pleassssseee tell me BEFORE you come to AZ next time? I will drive to see you and we can just hang out for like even five minutes! Because I haven't seen you or dear William since your wedding. It's ridiculous.
Bekah