Monday, April 25, 2011

F.D.: My Attempt at the Modern 70's Look.

Dear Fashion Diary,

So I've been wanting some cute flare-ish pants lately
but couldn't afford any of 
the cute Gap ones I've had my eye on.
Till I found these nautical style ones at Forever 21!!
Heaven knows I simply adore blue and white stripes on anything. 



They have just the right amount of flare without being 70's overload.



I'm thinking I need some better wedges, though.




I fell in love with the sailor style buttons!

Yes, I think these will do until I can afford the Gap flare jeans :)

  • top: Target
  • necklace: Le Mode Accessories
  • belt: Wet Seal
  • pants: Forever 21
  • shoes: Charlotte Russe

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter Weekend! I've got quite the fun Easter outfit post coming up so don't miss it! :)

P.S. Have any of you found Gap look-alikes like these for cheap?!

-the 70's chick,
Sara Jane.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

those pants fit you so perfectly. i love them! the vintage vibe rocks:)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Renee B. said...

These are cuuuute! I love the stripes! And I love that they are a bit different than every other flared jean everyone else is wearing! Love it. You're gorgeous as always! xoxo

Little Lovables said...

So cute! I actually have the gap ones from a few years ago... it's so funny, I just tried them on yesterday!

rebecca said...

I am loving these pants. The stripes and buttons on the pockets are so cute! I've had my eye on some of those Gap jeans as well. I'm holding out until they go on sale!

rebeccawithanR

cryskay said...

cute! dont you love it when you find a cheaper alternative? xx

Secondhand Society said...

just the right amount of flair :)

please check out these sales, proceeds go towards japan relief effort.

http://shop4japan.tumblr.com/

thanks for looking
xx

Monica Whitney said...

Sara! I am so jealous. I've been in the same boat as you- loving gap jeans, but not being able to afford them. Dang. I'm going to have to go check out F21. You look bomb in those pants.
-monica

Ask the Duplex

styled by 3 said...

LOVE the pants - so cute with that belt!! and gap keeps having great sales and they often give out coupons for 50% off one regularly priced item! that's how i bought my wide leg pants from gap! i would check on line or even ask at the store about the coupons...

*liz

Carlinn said...

Really cute! I love anything nautical! I wish forever 21 shipped here!