Friday, April 22, 2011

F.D.: "Devil With A Blue Dress On"!

Dear Fashion Diary,

I've been waiting to whip this dress out all winter!
It turned out to be
a little too chilly for it still but I am determined 
to dress like spring nonetheless!! 



My Favorite part about it are the flowy sleeves. I almost feel like a fairy in it!



If any of you have a dress that's just barely too short, throw a skirt on underneath! Works like a charm. This white skirt is my go-to 'Modest-ifyer'. Plus it adds a nice contrast to the blue!



This ^ picture was taken Just before I used the sleeves to fly away!!!




I know I just wore this belt in my last post but these pictures were taken a week apart haha
(I tend to post out of order. I like to live on the edge.)
 

  • Dress: Ross
  • belt: Wet Seal
  • necklace/shoes: Charlotte Russe
  • bracelet: Style Lounge
  • white skirt underneath (orig. a dress): Forever 21?

-Your Fairy Friend,
Sara Jane.
Pin It!

11 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a great idea!!! And I love how you pulled it altogether with the white at the neckline, too! Smarty.
Also, your hair and make-up are WONDERFUL in this photo shoot!
xo,
Mom

Stacey Burrier said...

So cute!

Molly @ A Bit O' Shine said...

Lovely! I love that idea of a skirt under a dress to add some modesty length - I would have never thought of that.

Ashley said...

that dress is sooo darling! you look adorable! YAY for spring weather!!!

Cami said...

That dress is so cute Sara!!!! It looks great on you. And I agree with your mum, your hair and makeup look purdy. :)

Also, thanks for the tip to put a skirt under a skirt, haha, sounds funny! But I never would have thought to do that.

Sarah said...

I need to find a white skirt that'll help me lengthen dresses and skirts. Several of my friends have skirts that work like that and I could really use one in my wardrobe! Anyway, I can totally see why you'd be dying to wear that dress. It's so fun!

Find me at Just Take a Bow.

Monica Whitney said...

Oh man. I am so in love with that eyelet skirt underneath. I want it. I just found your blog and I love it!

http://asktheduplex.blogspot.com/

Monica Whitney said...

And we're your latest follower, hope you follow back!

k come karolina said...

cute!!!



xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Natalie | The Bobby Pin said...

I love the layers. It makes you look more put together, more assembled!

cryskay said...

cute dress! i love the lace at the bottom. xx