Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Craft of the Year: Vintage Train Case!

Anyone that knows me knows I'm pretty much Obsessed with vintage style. Some of you may know about the old way of carrying one's toiletries on a trip-train cases! I really wish everyone still traveled by train. Everything is more magical on a train! Well anyway, I recently got an authentic train case on Ebay and made it a little more contemporary by painting the trim. Waddya think?



These were the days when people really knew how to dress :) And check out their adorable train cases!!



Here's the one I bought before I painted it.



I taped all around the areas I painted



and...VOILA!!!






It goes perfectly with our vintage entry table!









I can't wait to pack it full of my things next time I take a trip!



Paint is a wonderful thing.
What craft projects do all of you do with vintage items?
Pin It!

6 comments:

beckaboots said...

super cute! love the vintage style.

Randi said...

This turned out super cute! Great job! :)

Faith Peacock said...

Ok, I love train cases too! Actually I love old luggage and I collect it. I have a briefcase that was my grandpas and my grandma gave me her train case a couple years ago!!! I use to play with my mom's and stuff. OMG! This made me so happy!

Emily P. said...

oh my gosh! I love this so much!!!! And painting the trim was ingenious!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I can't get over how cute that bright red looks next to the blue. What an inspired choice. Love, love, love it!!!

ashley in wonderland said...

oh my gosh! that turned out so cute! i got the skirt from H&M in AZ