Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Hunger Games Attire! {Finally}


 As promised, I'm finally showing you all my Hunger Games t-shirt I made for the midnight premiere!

 Me and a couple gal pals decided we didn't want to pay almost $25 dollars on the Mockingjay shirt from Hot Topic that everyone would undoubtedly be wearing,
so we hopped on over to Jo-Ann craft and picked out supplies to make some ourselves!

We started by printing out a stencil and cutting it out of stencil paper:
 
  
Then we used the black and sparkly gold paint we picked out
 to paint over the stencil onto our shirts {that is my friend Emily working on hers}:


 

Before I stenciled on the Mockingjay, I spray painted some red and orange first to give the appearance of fire/flames behind the bird. However, against my teal shirt it turned out looking green! Oh well!

And here's the final product! The shirt closest to the camera is my friend Shayla's and mine is in the background :)


Tah-Dah!


 I must've been feeling particularly crafty that day because I also made my own ghetto version of the famous pin from a bird necklace I own and a keyring! haha!

On an exciting side note: the whole night would not have been possible if I had not WON the tickets to the premiere thanks to Facebook and this local Toyota dealer! I couldn't believe it! I wasn't going to go because all the showings had sold out, 
but alas Lady Luck saved me :)


The line wrapped around the theater! Oh and apparently Justin Bieber showed up, do ya see him??


 Shirt: Jo-Ann/ pants: Gap/ shoes: Payless/ denim jacket: Ross/ hoodie: Hollister

 I had a total blast and I want to see the movie again! For once a movie stayed completely true to the book. I would suggest reading the books and seeing the movie
 if you haven't already!


five days five ways | feature friday free for all




Photobucket
Lovely Crafty Home

http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/
Pin It!

12 comments:

Lucija said...

I sincerely like your photos and your blog is just gorgeous!!
Sending loads of love and following via Bloglovin :)

Kisses,
L.
WLL

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

YEA!!! I've been waiting for this Post! You've made your mother proud!!
Just one question...why are you so darn cute???!!!:-D
Love you,

Mom

Shawna Faye said...

This turned out so great! I didn't like any of the shirts at Hot Topic and then the ones on Etsy were too expensive.

Maiken said...

what a cool idea to make your own THG tee! and I bet it's so much more awesome than the original ones sold in the stores. at least you know you're the only one who has it ;)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

ylenia said...

This is really interesting, I've always wanted to print my tees! thanks for sharing it =)
Kisses
Ylenia

Emily said...

I love this shirt and your whole look. I always love your style.
Creamy

Johanna said...

Loving that shirt, it's amazing! Great job :) xoxo ♥

Sharda Sewdien said...

Hey Sara!
Love being part of your comment section.;)You seem to be a sweet, fun and amazing person as well. The shirt looks pretty cool; and it makes it even more special cause it's personalized by you.
Hugs and wishing you and your hubby a happy Easter!

Cathy said...

That's so amazing! (:

Check out my blog & follow? (:
onceuponasprinkle.blogspot.com

shooting star said...

you look totally cool!!
AND THE TEE..AMAZING..YOU ARE SO TALENTED GIRL..I COULD NOT EVEN THINK OF ATTEMPTING THIS!!


http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

Lucie Srbová said...

This is such a great idea!!! really love your tee! great pants as well:)

Kisses, Lucy:)

Mitha Komala said...

omg dear! the DIY tshirt is fantasticccc, you are so talented and creative. love ur shoes <3


http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/