Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Valentine's Craft


 Hey gals! {and gentlemen...?} I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day
with your loved ones. I spent mine working, but I managed to
make a little Valentine's card for Husbandman all morning before I went into work!
Of course, I had to watch a classic chick-flick as I crafted to my heart's content. 
Breakfast at Tiffany's was the obvious choice! {Audrey is my inspiration :) }


Then I had to sift through my piles of craft supplies...which can be just a little
overwhelming! But perhaps watching my Favorite actress on screen
helped my creative juices get flowing, and I eventually came up with a game plan.

Step one: I glued a heart to a little cloud cut-out that came from a kit my mother-in-law gave me! Then I attached those little square foam things
that make it pop away from the page. Personally one of my favorite things to do in crafting! 


 I don't know about you, but I'm just a little obsessed with banners right now,
so I knew I wanted one on the card. So I cut up a scrapbook
page that had the word Love on it, cut each letter separately and made it a banner!




Tah-Dah! {I also added some little stickers to complete the phrase}

 Before you get too impressed, the photo above is just the inspiration for the next part of the card I made. I found the one above at Target, but knew I could make something 
similar for free!


 So I got to work creating the little cartoon versions of Husbandman & I on the swing!


Glued some ribbon to the cloud to be the strings the swing hung from...

 and.... Voila!!! Mine isn't as easy to tell it's a swing...but close enough, haha

 And just as the movie ended too! Good timing. I always get almost choked up at the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's... such great acting and romance! I wish they still made movies this way...
 So there ya have it! I've missed crafting, and I want to make more time for it because I love it so much! I still haven't even scrapbooked our wedding yet...shhh




Here's a card I made him a couple years ago, before we were married.
I absolutely Love making cards!!







 Anyway, he got me a big box of chocolates and some red carnations this year! This particular flower arrangement was so beautiful I loved it so much!
 He said he had roses in his hand, but once he saw this one he knew it was for me because it was so different and uniquely beautiful from the others, like me :) {sorry for the extra cheese! But hey, that's what V-Day is for, right?!}



P.S. I added a Pin It button at the bottom of each post, so if you see something you like, you can now easily pin it by clicking this button below! :)
Pin It!

12 comments:

Sunny & Star said...

Your cards are beautifully crafted! I wish I was as crafty as you. I have been trying to make cards for a while, but I still have a long way to go.

Shawna Faye said...

Those cards look so cute! I used to make cards all the time, I need to get back into crafting.

Maiken said...

oh, what a cute post! :) unfortunately I have too little free time to make cards myself but sometimes I still do it. and how cute is that swing motif! adorable!! :)

Maiken/
Maikeni blogi - part of me

Shalyn said...

That card is perfection, Sara- love it!

Lucie Srbov√° said...

This is so sweet!!!

yiqin; said...

aww so sweet <3

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

OH.....MY.....WORD!!!!! This just in..."Daughter does her mother proud!" :-D
This card turned out Soooo cute. You need to go to work for the Company, 'Papyrus! BTW, I saw that card at Target the other day and thought it was adorable. I should have known, you'd love it too.
Hey, the girly-girls left a message for their "Aunt Sara" over on my Blog.
I love you.....tons!!!
Mom

Francesca Giusti said...

love this pics and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
kisses
http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

Mitha Komala said...

breakfast at tiffany's is a great movie! omg you are so talented on making cards dear, i love them <33

http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

Sharda Sewdien said...

owwhh, that's so romantic;love your beautiful card.;)
There's a blog award for you on my blog. Hugs

sabrina maida said...

omg the card really cute, happy valentine and the movie really good

follow me if you love and i'll follow back
http://newsabesabrina.blogspot.com

shooting star said...

cute!!!!

gues what my hubby gifted me on valentine...a mug!!.....(well i asked for it!!)

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in