Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Father's Day Tribute.

Happy Father's Day to everyone today!!!


I apologize for the bad quality of these photos, these are old photos that were scanned. Anyways, for those of you who do not know,
my dad passed away when I was 14.
He was such an amazing person who a lot of people in our community looked up to.
And it actually brought our family closer, to go through that together.



He was a lawyer, but a cowboy at heart who loved the outdoors and especially hiking the Grand Canyon. My dad is the reason I love nature so much-he taught us to appreciate God's creations. The Grand Canyon was one of his Favorite places on earth,
besides the temple.
 He never put anything above God or his family.
He possessed so many qualities I wanted in a husband, and I was lucky enough 
to find my husband William who reminds me of my dad in so many ways!
Together, my mom and dad helped create the Happiest childhood I could imagine
for me & my siblings,
and I am so grateful to have been raised by such amazing parents.

And this picture below is my father-in-law, John Shoemaker! He's raised 4 amazing kids and constantly keeps the Spirit in his home. I am always impressed at how hard he works, 
both at his church callings and at being a wonderful dad.
He has many accomplishments and is an amazing priesthood holder :)
Happy Father's Day, John!
 

So Happy Father's Day to all the current & future dads out there! And Dad, I miss you, and I love you oh so much :)

-Sara Jane.
Pin It!

11 comments:

Bri said...

i'm sorry to hear you lost your dad at such a young age. just today my neighbor passed away leaving behind his wife and baby daughter and he was only 29.

but really, this is such a sweet tribute to your dad and i'm sure he's proud :)

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

what a beautiful post! don't worry about the bad quality, it makes it honest and unique! i cannot not imagine what you have been trough when your dad past away! really a very honest post girl

Nikki said...

It's so great to hear what n amazing man your father was :) you can be so proud of him! he raised an amazing daughter :) x

ylenia said...

This is a great post, with nice pics =)

Divina Joy said...

I'm sorry to read your dad passed away so young.

I'm sure your Dad is proud of you too as you are proud of him. Nice pics you have. I wish I can also scan our old pics with my dad but they're not with me.

S&O said...

Such a sad story..I admire you for having the power to go through!You should be given as an example to everyone out there.

I'm sure your dad is very proud of you!

Keep up the good work!Hope you'll have an amazing week!


P.S: I will follow you!Love the blog!

http://fashionenrose.blogspot.com/

Farnsworths Forever said...

Love you!!

Sweet Momiji said...

Beautiful post, thank you so much for sharing your story. Your Dad sounds like he was a wonderful person. Although no one can ever take his place, I am thankful God has brought two other wonderful men in your life. He knows what we need, exactly when we need it!
((HUGS))

Ashley Sloan said...

I'm sorry you lost your dad hun. He sounds like an amazing man and you will see him again someday :)

And the Harry Potter theme park thing was just a day when I was in Florida helping my dad on a business trip! You would love it!

PS. I am totally slacking on the Photo Challenge but I will catch up... :)

Have a great day!

Ashley Sloan

Emily said...

Wow, such a sweet post..

Cami said...

This was so sweet Sara, thank you for sharing it. :) I just love Uncle Craig.

And p.s. your outfit in the post below (black polka dot skirt, adorable cardigan, yellow belt, adorable black heels) is theeeeee cuuuuuutest thing ever!! So perfect. I really love it!