Monday, January 20, 2014

Dots and Stripes Forever

Dear Fashion Diary,



Good news! This post has been featured on Perfectly Coutured and Everyday Fashion and Finance!!! It was because of the Three-Fer-Thursday link up, which I encourage all of you to link up to. Go check out these ladies' blogs, they're both adorable. :) Thank you SO much for featuring me, ladies!!!







Who doesn't love pattern mixing? I know I do.
These polkadots and stripes together are one of my favorite pattern-mixes, but I think floral and stripes is my very favorite combination.
Anyone who knows me knows that I rarely wear only black. 
If you peeked into my closet you would see so many different bright colors and patterns and hardly any black and white. I just think color is more fun!
But sometimes you feel like dressing more....business-like. I love me a good tailored look also.




 I don't think I have mentioned this on le blog yet, but I'm pregnant! I want to eventually post some maternity fashion posts, but thought it would be weird to post some old photos like these where my stomach used to Not pop out, then one day start mixing in preggers photos... so I'm 
trying to get through all these old posts before I reveal some pregnancy clothes :)
If only I could get my act together and actually post things As they Happen!!
To be honest I have taken hardly any fashion photos since being pregnant,
I'm not feeling quite so....fashion forward these days :P
I will do my best to dress the bump and put some pics online though, promise!!

(Until then, you can see my maternity fashion on my Instagram: sugarplumsara)







Top:Charlotte Russe<>Skirt:Ross<>Necklace:Boutique<>Shoes:old (Target?)<>Cardi:formerly my mother's




Linking To:
Style Elixir
Random Wednesday
My Girlish Whims
Pleated Poppy
I Feel Pretty
Fashion Informant
Perfectly Coutoured
Glitz and Gold
Be.YOU.Ti.ful Link Party
Two Thirty Five Designs
Peacoats and Plaid



Pin It!

24 comments:

Chelsea Oliver said...

This is such a cute look! I love the pattern mixing and CONGRATS! How exciting!

-Chelsea
chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

CQ| said...

Love the classic white and black pattern mixing.

Corinne said...

You have absolute sold your blog to me! I found you through a link up.

1) I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit, it looks so polished, chic, classic etc etc. It's lovely and

2) Pregnant? Congrats! When are you due? I love to follow a good pregnancy, haha. I hope everything goes well with it!

Corinne x
www.skinnedcartree.com

JP Lord said...

Love this combo! It's so classic and perfect, you look adorable! stopping by via Shanna!
xo
http://moderndaymomblog.blogspot.com

Rhea D said...

i am loving how you paired polka dots and strips...great outfit! :)

Found your blog via What I Wore Wednesday link up... hope you stop by and let me know your thoughts on my outfit. I am also having a giveaway! :)

Rhea, Et Cetera - chevron dress & blazer

Ashley Sonntag said...

Oh my gosh I am obsessed with that pattern mixing! Such a fab look!And congrats on your pregnancy!
xx,
Ashley | Raspberry Glow

Yulissa said...

Congrats!!! This outfit is really cute! I love pattern mixing as well.

-Yulissa
Sequins and Tulle

Antionette Blake said...

Great look, bold pattern matching such as these looks great if the colors are the same - brava! Swinging by from The Pleated Poppy - Happy Hump Day Wednesday!

Christi - ladymakesit.com said...

I love your top. It is darling and looks so great on you!

Congrats on being pregnant. Thats exciting!

Dhruvi said...

Such an adorable look, Sara! Love the print mixing!

Dhruvi
Stilettos & Sequins
$410 Valentine's Day Cash Giveaway

Dhruvi said...

Such an adorable look, Sara! Love the print mixing!

Dhruvi
Stilettos & Sequins
$410 Valentine's Day Cash Giveaway

Mamainheels- Janise said...

I LOVE this outfit...you nailed the print and pattern mixing!!! What a lovely outfit.

xo,
Janise

Rebecca said...

This is such a fun yet so polished mix of prints & patterns.....glad to have found you off Sherry's linkup!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Iris P. said...

This outfit is amazing!!! You look great!!! I really love the polka dot striped mix!!!

Sherry said...

Such a cute outfit!!

Bethany C said...

Two of my faves, polka dots and stripes! This look is just perfect! Thanks for sharing with Three-fer Thursday.

xo Bethany
www.perfectlycoutured.com

Charnele Michel said...

love how you mixed prints

xo,
Cha Cha
http://www.chachathefashiongenius.com/

Lindsey said...

I just came across your blog from the Three-fer Thursday linkup and I'm in love with this outfit! I actually did a post about print mixing for beginners today! This outfit is so fun while still being appropriate for work. Love it!

Merrie K. said...

How cute is your stripes and polka dot look? Great pattern mixing! Congratulations on your pregnancy :)
Merrie @ www.PetiteCareerGirl.com

Jen K said...

What a really cute look! I like how keeping it black and white pulls it all together. And, congrats on your pregnancy!!

Jen
www.lifeunrefined.com

Jenni Megan said...

Congrats on being featured, that's awesome!! I love this look, I especially love that polka dotted peplum top. Peplum is hands down one of my favorite trends at the moment.

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

Oh my god! Congratulations!
And I love your peplum top too! :)

www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com
Like my Facebook page!

Jennifer said...

Congrats!

And oh how I love mixing polka dots & stripes, possibly one of my favorite looks.

Will said...

Nice blog and very cute outfit. I'm just checking out the LDS blogs to see what is out there. I recently started my own art site to hilight some of my favorite Christian Art and Artists.